Sunday, October 1, 2017

Slow stiching Sunday

 Today, I am working on the binding for this quilt.  It was a Primitive Gatherings summer quilt along from a few years back...and of course, I finished it my way.  This was quilted by none other than Tricia Cribbs, the owner of the Turning Twenty pattern company, and it is so dear to me.
Remember when I said I was all caught up on bindings? Not quite!  So this is my slow stitching project for today.  This quilt is very special to me.

I am linking to Kathy, right here!!


https://kathysquilts.blogspot.com/


I hope you have a lovely day, and I hope you have a few quiet moments for peaceful, slow stitching for yourself!


Julie

12 comments:

Jill said...

Pretty applique pattern. You chose well coordinated fabric. The checkered corner blocks are one of my favorites. Enjoy your slow stitching today.

The Cozy Quilter said...

I also love the 9 patches as cornerstones. Binding is a great way to spend your slow stitching time...so satisfying to have a finished project!

Sherrill said...

Beautiful, Julie! I need to get some things finished and bound so that I can pass along like you. Need to clean up and clear out in preparation for when I'm gone (so no one else has to do that! UGH).

scraphappy said...

Having more binding to sew is always an excellent sign of forward progress. Looks great. Enjoy the finishing.

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Beautiful applique quilt!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

What a beautiful quilt.

Quilter Kathy said...

Hi Julie!!! What a wonderful project to be enjoying today!
Binding is my fave!!!

Deb A said...

Love the sashing on your quilt! Enjoy the binding.

Lori said...

I saw that you had finished this one now! Yay! I really love it!

Janet O. said...

What a pretty finish, Julie. Nice quilting job by your friend. I can see why it is special to you!

AnnieO said...

So pretty! What a joy to get it finished.

Karen said...

I hope you are keeping this applique quilt for yourself. It is so pretty.

Puffins and purples!!

I was tempted by Puffins...a squirrelly breed!!  LOL!  This fabric was shared with me, and I have been loved these bright, candy corn colors...